What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a text file stored on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our website work. They can’t run any code and don’t contain viruses. No one can read our cookies except us.
- Certain cookies are essential to the proper function of this site
- Cookies help us to understand what content is most useful to our visitors, and allow us to customise our services, content and advertising
Types of Cookies We Use
Security: These cookies allow us to promote security on our website.
Site features: We measure how visitors use our website so we can optimise the web pages and use of our site.
Analytics: We track site traffic patterns so we can identify popular site content and potential site problems.
Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on our site.
The table below explains in more detail the cookies we use and why:
Cookies issued by third parties
These cookies help the third parties (while the cookies are valid) to:
– Count the number of display advertising content delivered via our advertising, identify and advertisements displayed, the number of users who clicked on each ad, allowing them to calculate the amounts due and thereby establish statistics;
– Recognise your device at any subsequent browsing of any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties also place these cookies and, if necessary, adapt these third party sites and services or advertisements they broadcast to your device.
a. Google Analytics
Google Analytics uses its own cookies, to analyze the use of the site on behalf of the operator of that site. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used for the purpose of compiling statistical reports to enable us to measure and analyse the number of visits to the site and its pages, the average time spent on the site and the pages viewed.
b. Social buttons
These “social buttons” are visible on our website to allow you to share content via social networks, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google Plus.
Cookies are placed by these platforms on our site, and allow them to collect information about your browsing.
c. IT tests
These cookies, emanating from our contracted supplies, test at our request the features of our site and the performance of user navigation of our site.
Cookies placed by zSwimon sites where our ads are present
When you access a site / application containing advertising of zSwim, this advertisement may contain a cookie. This cookie may, subject to your choice, to be stored on your device, and allow us to recognize the browser on your device for the duration of the cookie.
These cookies are used:
– To account for the number of displays and activations of our advertising content on sites / third party applications, to identify these contents and sites / applications, determine the number of users who clicked on the content
– To calculate the amounts owed to parties in the chain of broadcast advertising (advertising agency, advertising, website / distribution medium) and compile statistics
– To adapt the presentation of the site which publishes our advertising content,
• According to the display preferences of your device (choice of language, display resolution, operating system used) when you visit our Site and on the hardware and software to view or read your terminal includes;
• according to the location data (latitude and longitude) that is transmitted to us (or our suppliers) from your device with your prior consent
– To follow subsequent browsing done by your device on sites / applications or other advertising content on which we operate cookies.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.